Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lakers Playoff Games 2010!

I love watching the basketball playoff games every year!  Generally speaking, I'm not one who enjoys following or watching sports, however, I make an exception for the playoff games, especially when the Lakers are playing!

This season, the Lakers are playing against the Boston Celtics, and both teams have excellent strategies and plays.  It is very exciting to watch excellence and perfection in the works.  Each year I'm always amazed at the individual and team focus that is occurring each second that they are on the court. 

I'm learning that basketball is kind of like the game of chess.  Each move is predetermined and calculated, however, the thing that makes basketball so exciting is that these strategies are made in less than a second, determining where every player in the game is, distance, guards, basket, play setup, etc.  Genius! 

After each game the losing team uses their loss to put together a better strategy for the following game.  Each game seems to become more intense and focused, and in the case of the Lakers and Celtics they're neck in neck in the point spread!  Truly exciting to watch!

When the playoffs are over, I don't follow any team, including my wonderful Lakers.  Yes, I know, I'm a playoff adrenalin junkie, skimming only the cream from basketball, and leaving when they're not in the limelight. 

http://www.nba.com/lakers/

1 comment:

  1. Hi!!! Just thought I would thank you "in person" for visiting my blog!! I can't believe I am soon going to meet your adorable granddaughter, Ella!! I am so excited to see Eden, Ella, and my brother... Keep on blogging, Christina, whatever is in your heart and I will follow...

    ReplyDelete